Goal!!! GOAAAAAAAL!!!!! GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!
Just practicing 😉
I get black-red-gold inside every two years. European Cup and World Cup are my favorite times. I love getting together with my friends and watch the games or go out into a bar full of foreign people and get excited with them. It is an amazing feeling, to be among a group of hundreds of people, yelling until my body hurts. The best World Cup of course was the one in 2006 in Germany. Thousands of people from all over the world came together here in Hannover to celebrate this event. Sure, there were some problems and riots, but in most cases these people only wanted to enjoy the games and celebrate together.Those weeks are always special and my heart is close to a heart attack almost every day.. even closer when Germany plays. I am never as patriotic as during those games 😉
I don’t need to mention that I like to bake for this occasion, right?
When I was living in the US I made German brownies for my non-German friends during the 2010 World Cup.. well, this somehow convinced them to root for Germany with me 😉 hihi
Four years later, back in Germany – another World Cup, another batch of German brownies (the recipe for the cake pops in the picture will follow soon):
315 g chocolate
215 g butter
175 g flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp cocoa powder
300 g sugar
120 g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. preheat oven to 175°C
2. in a large bowl melt chocolate and butter in hot water
3. in another bowl, whisk together flour, salt and cocoa powder
4. whisk into chocolate both sugars. Remove from heat and whisk in 3 eggs completely, then whisk in the other 2 eggs, along with the vanilla extract
5. sprinkle flour mixture over the top and using a spatula, gently fold in the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix! There might be just a trace of flour in places.
6. Scrape into a 9×13 inch pan
7. Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached
For the black stripe of the flag I used dark chocolate and black food coloring; icing and red/yellow food coloring for the other two stripes.
I’m glad Germany’s flag is so easy.. to my American friends: have fun decorating 😉
I am sooooooo looking forward to the game tomorrow!!! I hope we will score another four goals 🙂 Ok.. maybe three will do it, too 😉
Enjoy the World Cup guys and yell as much as you can.. we will remain silent for the next two years..